Thursday, April 8, 2010

Going social - or is that going virtual slave labour?

Boy are we all into it these days!

Not sex, who cares, we're into social networking sites, yes, i could cry,
but it wouldn't help, everyone talks about 'em everyone is on them, and so do i.
Wow, wait a minute, that was even poetic..........

Everyone Tweets something, you must be on Facebook, you want tot share your video on YouTube, and guess what, there is also a thing called FeedBurner, now also just swallowed up by the big Whale called Google - and it's not even bad, because now things work simple and easy.

I've just spent an afternoon and evening on nothing else than populating my feeds there, and it even lets me announce my latest Blog entries via my Blog feed at my website
(see rudolf.comxa.com )

Ripple effect, multiply your sites to the extreme, what a glorious world it will be (something from Donald Fagan's "Nightfly" album).

However, do we really see any more hits to our actual websites with this flurry of work we conduct to make these big social networking sites bigger and bigger??

I am not so sure, because what i do has been done by millions - uhps, sorry i think i under estimated things a bit here, maybe i should make that billions - before me and endless more after me, we engage in over populating the web with contents aimed at placing our back links in hope we get higher Google PR or at least more traffic to our websites.
Only trouble with this "spread my sites" thing would be that there are so many same same out there we will still be hard - or even harder - to be found than ever before.

So, are we going anywhere by dedicating each day or week about a full working day to work for free on populating huge sites that make their living off us populating them in incredibly big numbers??

I know, it's kind of fun or for some a challenge to figure out all these sites and what they could possibly do for us, but besides of that it just looks like we conduct a modern version of slave labour, and no one cares, least ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment